This last year went so fast!! Everyone always says that, huh? The older I get, the more I feel the ride, though! Kind of reminds me of one of my favorite songs by John Mayer...Stop This Train.
So this is Christmas...the few pics I took. I'd say it was a little less crazy than in previous years. I think it felt that way because Will was home during the entire month of December! He's usually gone somewhere working, and I'm setting up everything by myself. Not fun.
Even though I'm not old, I'm not young either...and there are still lessons to be learned for this girl. This years (ok, maybe days) lesson was: When you see a pair of boots that you really want, don't make a big deal out of it and take pictures of them out of the catalog and tell your husband how much you love them. And ESPECIALLY don't search for those boots and BUY them yourself (without telling your wonderful husband) and then luckily, they come on a weekend when your husband is out of town, so you put them back in the box and store them under your bed. Then, when your husband is helping you wrap Christmas presents and looks under the bed to see if there is anything left to wrap, and finds the box of awesome boots that you just HAD to have, and comes into the laundry room...holding the box of the beautiful boots...and asks, what the...
And then on Christmas morning, being handed a large box...with a different pair of beautiful boots that your husband searched for and bought because you made such a big deal out of how much you loved them...and then having guilt that is almost unimaginable. Sadly, that happens more than it should.
Lesson learned. And being the lucky girl that I am...I got to keep both pairs of boots. My Will is seriously, one in a gazillion.
And the guilt trip kept coming...he bought me this, and a matching bracelet in Thailand...
Should have taken my bottom ring off. I love all my rings from Will...wish I could wear all of them all the time.
We're still in the American Girl doll stage in our house...which I'm happy about. The only problem with having a collection of these dolls is, when the doll stands I bought to put them on are not being used because the girls would wake up in the middle of the night and see the dolls standing there, looking at them, and it would freak them out. So they're in a closet.
Nice.
Willie was in squeaky toy Christmas heaven...he also had to smell every box as we opened them.
and watch for cats with his collection of toys surrounding him.
Christmas night, we got to see and talk to my beautiful niece, Ashley...serving as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, in New York, New York. Love her...it was awesome!
This Santa, is something my grandma Jane would hang in the office every Christmas...and has been there for as long as I can remember. I love it. He totally is the size of a jolly old elf.
The Christmas decor at the office was changed a bit this year and I can't have a Christmas without this Santa in it. So he blocked part of Willie's view and scared us many times as we thought there was a man looking in our back window in the middle of the night.
He's vintage...and I LOVE it! He belongs here...
Grandma's house...all the kids getting their PJ's.
I think grandma Strong will have to give up trying to find pj's long enough for Jay...after I washed them, they now come to his mid shin.
| Elsie and grumpa Strong |
Katie Jane's electric keyboard...WITH earphones! I love to hear her play the piano, but I also love quiet...and she likes to play the piano a lot.



No comments:
Post a Comment