Saturday, August 13, 2011

Lily Laaaaasen!

Or, Lily Larsen...every time I see her I say "Lily Laaasen!!!"

She's been staying with us for almost a week now while her family went to Lake Powell on a houseboat.  Sometimes 2 year olds and houseboats don't mix well.  At least they don't if the parents want to enjoy themselves at all and said two year old fights wearing her life jacket!

It just so happened that her family's vacation was over her 2nd Birthday...so I decided...being the loving Aunt that I am...to have a birthday party for her.

All lovingness aside...I got the date wrong.  Her birthday was yesterday...not today!  So she didn't wake up to happy birthday singing and a special breakfast on her birthday(she can't have dairy or gluten, ummm, what's left?) but, she got a bath and ear drops instead.

We did put two and two together when my sis Beckie and her family called to tell Lily happy birthday and got keen on my ignorance and clued me in that Friday was her actual birthday, not Saturday.  So she got extra kisses and hugs and special privileges from then on and we even let her shove 3 teeny-tiny cupcakes into her mouth...which she did exactly...SHOVE them into her mouth!

Happy 2nd Birthday Lily Laaaaasen!








1 comment:

The Curtis Family said...

Oh my goodness...I just came across your blog through someones from Nephi! This is Marcy Worwood... Your kids are all grown up! The funny thing is...I was just telling my husband a story about Coach Biesinger last week! You guys all look amazing! Tell coach B thanks for all he did for me in high school! If you want to...my blog is thecurtisgang.blogspot.com I now have kids of my own! CRAZY!! Take Care