Monday, November 14, 2011

There went another year!

More of my beauties!

I took some family pictures last weekend...of family...and my two helpers, Lauren and Emma came along to help.  By the end of the "session" we were soaked, and freezing.  There WAS snow on the trees when we got there, but by the time we got full into taking pictures, it was raining melting snow in the orchard, which left little drip marks on clothes and faces!  Editing fun!!


But since I didn't have the chance to take Lauren's pictures for her birthday (and because I refuse to pay $20 for school pictures that I don't like...who needs 20 wallet size pictures??) I took Lauren and Emma along to take their pictures between families.

Lauren turned 13 about a month ago.  She's my sweet, happy, beaming beauty!  Always a hug for everyone and always wants everyone to be happy!  She loves kids, sings beautifully, loves to set goals, always has ideas of how to accomplish tasks, loves to make sure we're doing what we're supposed to be doing and can turn a 30 second story into a 15 minute one!



Emma's birthday is today!  9 years ago today I delivered this cute, full head of black hair, baby girl.  I have pictures of her just seconds old that look like I took them myself from the angle they were taken at. Really, it was my sister Jill who was standing behind me trying to get a great shot!  They're some of my most favorite pictures ever...ones other mom's think are neat, but not the general public!

Emma is my buddy.  We spent years doing everything together since there is a 4 year gap between Lauren and Emma.  She has her dad's sense of humor, and my stubbornness!  Her favorite show is Billy the Exterminator and I think one of her most prized possessions is an autographed picture of him.  

Who knew?


I love my girls.  They make me proud.  And I can't believe they are as grown up as they are.  I see pictures and watch home movies of when they were little and it makes me baby hungry!  Not a good thing at my age!   


I wouldn't change a single thing about them!
(except their disgustingly messy room!)

No comments: