It's been so long since I've logged onto my blog that my computer didn't remember me anymore! I had to put in my password! That never happens!
So, this morning after I got home from the gym after a great kickboxing workout (the parts that I could do with my retarded back)...nothing like waking up 2 minutes before you're supposed to be heading out the door to get your adrenaline going, right?...I was giving my cute little dog a hug as he was curled up on the top of one of the couch cushions he's squished into an unrecognizable couch cushion shape, and his response to my display of affection was a long, yoga Ujjayi breath...like, ok lady...can you leave me alone now?
And that made me think...ya, that's just about how I feel too.
When will I ever get control of my life? The only thing I'm in control of in my life is, well...I seriously can't think of anything! I'm in control of things that other people tell me to be in control of.
So I'm out of control?
I miss my blog...and I realized last Sunday how much I had neglected my history/journal/memory stuff when I was laying upstairs in my bed for the second day with an old lady back spasm (grrrrr!) and my kids were watching the last family video I had made...in 2005!!! I love doing that kind of stuff and I have all the technology-ish things I need to do awesome things...just no time. Bummer!
I have several people tell me almost daily, as I complain how crazy and hectic life is, to enjoy my kids while they're young. And I say, you're so right! I know...I will! And then I really think about how old my kids are...that my baby is 9, and that Jay will be 17 this year, which is SO much older than 16 and I realize how fast time really is going!!
So I think for me to enjoy their youth...I need to be more diligent at documenting it. I would like to think that my brain will remember all the things that I swear I'll never forget...but I don't have control of my brain either!
There are so many things I never documented last year...like Jay making the High School sophomore basketball team, COME ON!! And going on a frantic search for size 15 basketball shoes! And Katie playing the piano so well that it gives me goosebumps (unless I want it quiet and then I don't get goosebumps) and Lauren being the yoga queen...she's awesome! And Emma being more responsible than I was at 16! (Except for when she recently cut her own hair 3 different times because she didn't like the little whispy hairs around her face and on the top of her head and then denied it...a mom always knows, Emma, a mom always knows! The chunks of 1/4 inch hair all over her head also gave it away!) Sorry, Emma...my brain would have forgotten...but someday you will tell your girls that those little whispy hairs all over your head REALLY don't matter! Everyone has them!
So here's to remembering what was, as a whole, a really good year for us. Lots of ups, lots of downs. Lots of goods, lots of bads.
I love my family!
So to make a long story short...I'm going to try to document all the things I missed in 2011...and practice my Ujjayi breathing if necessary to get it done!

No comments:
Post a Comment