It finally happened. For years my parents have been talking about going on a mission. For years they've been planning, and it seems like years that they've been getting everything together...and I still can't believe that it actually happened!
From the time they submitted their papers to the time they received their call, it was over 6 weeks. I'm not sure if anyone else's family has issues with patience, but ours does! And this was an ultimate test of patience! The call was supposed to arrive in the mail on Wednesday, February 13, my dad's birthday...nothing. We all made our guesses as to where they were going to be called that night at his birthday party...
My dad had been specifically told that the two places they requested to serve, Preston England and London England, were not available. So most of us had pretty much decided it was going to be somewhere else.
My way of thinking, is to think of the worst and then if the best should happen...AWESOME! Eternal pessimist..drives Will c.r.a.z.y.!!!! Not saying that Tennessee is the worst, it's just so opposite of England...And my dad promised $20 to the person who guessed the closest. (pst....he lost $60!)
So we changed plans and made arrangements to meet on Valentines day to open up the call that MUST be coming...nothing. At this point, it started to be funny...seriously.
Friday...nothing!!
And then on Saturday...

My dad drinking some Alka-Seltzer waiting for everyone to get there...let's just say that he was a LITTLE nervous!
I took some video of them opening their call and I cut some pictures from the video...equals bad quality...still trying to figure out the camera.
So my mom opened the call...saw where they were going...and freaked out. Until we all screamed at her to READ IT!!! I love my dad reaction when it finally sinks in where they are going. Love it!
It was awesome. Just what they wanted. My dad actually served in London England on his mission, um....a long time ago. They've been back a couple of times to visit and now they're off again to live there for 18 months while they work in the London Temple.
I am so, so excited for them. I don't know what I'll do without them here. I'm afraid my job might get a little busier with my dad gone...I'm just not going to think about that right now...but the exciting part about it all is that if I can be disciplined enough...there might be a trip to England in the picture!
And let me tell you...I've already passed up several bags of Easter candy at the store! That's discipline!
For me, anyway!
Love you Mom and Dad!




No comments:
Post a Comment