I feel bad because I didn't do anything like this for my mom on Mother's Day...I was probably taking a nap on that day...but today, as the rice and the ribs cook and the three bean salad chills (gag...just so you know) I have time to sit here an actually post to my blog!
It's rare, I know.
My dad. Although I can honestly tell you that I am almost 1,000% sure that he never changed a diaper in his life, or put a pony tail in any one of his daughter's hair...he is the best dad, EVER.
![]() |
| This is my blessing day in Las Vegas. |
My dad taught us how to work. Hard. Obviously, all us kids were money driven, because he would pay us to pick dandelions, pick up rocks and even run out in the foot deep snow in our bare feet to touch a shovel. When someone in our family goes out of control with a shovel or some clippers or a chain saw...we say that they "pulled a Niel"
He is a hard working in every way.
![]() |
| Me and Jill with our dad...I so wish I had that couch still...and the tree on cinderblocks makes me laugh!! Tinsel!!! |
One of the best memories I have of my dad when I was younger, was when he would take each of us kids to the raquetball court to watch him play. We would all take turns going with him. I wouldn't ever really watch, but would spend the hour or so running in a circle up and down the stairs, peeking into the glass door and then looking over the edge into the court. The ride to the raquetball court was filled with music from Olivia Newton-John (Magic, Xanidu...the good stuff) and the scent in the VW Scirocco (does anyone remember that car??) smelled like cinnamon.
I'll never forget it.
But most of all I love it when my dad laughs.
This was a blooper picture I took when we were trying to get a serious one for their mission...but it's my favorite.
And just so you know...we got a good one.
He's not a silly man, but he is a ham.
I worked with my dad in his office since I graduated from high school. So, almost 25 years. With a couple of years off in-between here and there...so I feel like I know him pretty well. He is the most honest and kind man I know. He would do anything to avoid confrontation...that's where I get it...and he has been such a great example of love and generosity and humility.
I am so excited that he and my mom are in England serving the Lord, squished more than they ever thought they would be, but I hope they're enjoying ever minute of it!
Love you dad!!
I am so excited that he and my mom are in England serving the Lord, squished more than they ever thought they would be, but I hope they're enjoying ever minute of it!
Love you dad!!





1 comment:
My favorite memory of dad is when I was in high school and I had been fighting with mom before school. I'm sure I was being a brat too. It was winter and snowy. When I finally left to go out to my red/white and rust truck I was late for school. I walked out the front door only to find my truck dug out from the snow, scraped off and running to warm up. I cried even harder realizing that dad had taken the time to do that for me even when I was being so awful to him and mom. A good example for me as a parent!
Post a Comment