Friday, September 16, 2011

Katie Jane and State Fair...two things I wouldn't have normally mentioned together, but...

Here we are!  All this early morning, late at night feeding and grooming and buying lamb food and...whatever else was required, is finally to the end.

Katie's been a little emotional about it.  She doesn't want grandpa Strong to buy her lamb because she knows that at some time...we'll be having lamb for Sunday dinner. :(

So she's hoping for a blue ribbon today!

Will and I drove up to see her judged in showmanship yesterday...she did fabulous for her first time!  She was about the middle of a very large group of other kids who have more than likely shown sheep since they were 7!  Never thought this would be something my kids would be interested in, but they love it.  

Will and I are headed off for an adventure...which I hope I can document from there, and of course I have 1 MILLion things planned to get done before we go...in an hour...SO here's the highlights of the day!

I hope you like looking at animal pictures!






 Katie looks SO much like her aunt Jane in this picture!  I was blown away when I first saw it!!  Just call me NO genes Julie!






Katie's friend, and our neighbor, Taylor...best sheep friends!





Love you Katie Jane!

1 comment:

Brookie said...

I can't believe what a beautiful young WOMAN Katie Jane has grown up to be. She isn't a little girl anymore! Beautiful pictures Julie. You have some real talent!