Sunday, October 2, 2011

Slowly but surely...I'm digging myself out of several holes!

Yet again...here are some pictures from this summer!  Seriously, unless it's 2 in the morning, I can't get anything done!  I think I'm still having some jet lag issues from our trip to Korea and I've been trying to keep myself on the same schedule I had before we left.

And I use the word "schedule" v.e.r.y. loosely!

Waking up at 4:30 in the a.m. is not nice to my body when I'm laying awake at 2:00 a.m. completely anxious that I should be asleep, yet I'm not sleeping (and playing solitaire to make myself sleepy...doesn't work...just one more game, just ONE more game, just one MORE game!  So I come home from the gym and (shhhhh!) take a nap for an hour or so until all the kids are gone to school, haphazardly styling their hair, and then I (shhhh!) maybe take another little nap until I can fully comprehend what day it is and then freak out when I've slept the morning away and still try to get everything done that I should have been doing while I was sleeping!

How's that for a run-on sentence?!!

This is from July...Biesinger family reunion at Heber Valley Camp.  So beautiful up there!  And to think that if there was a dire emergency for an ice cold drink...an ice machine is only a couple minutes walk away at any campsite thanks to this beautiful, wise, inspirational lady!



Katie Jane was watching me edit pictures last night...late last night...and she said, "mom, you should have a photo blog."

Guess what people!  This is a photo blog...or at least this is a photo post!

Beaucoup pictures!!!

I still have stuff to say.









Aunt Marlene always has fun games to play...


I so love the look on little Will's face...like, seriously Mom?  Just stop.




aaaand of course the obligatory nature shot!


And, the wildlife shot...ewww.  I think it was in it's last moments of life.  I saw this ginormous moth in the same spot on the ground for hours...until the kids found it.




I was in party-pooper mode and chose to take pictures of everyone instead of doing the challenge course, which is why I have almost 100 pictures of just the challenge course.  I just randomly picked a few pictures...the little kids did so awesome.  Some of those foot holds were as far apart as they are tall.

And these pictures make me laugh as I think of Phil, on Modern Family last week...and his dream to be a tight-rope walker.








Did I ever post the family picture from last year?  I don't think I did!  Anyway...this was most of us.  There was sickness, scout stuff and distance that kept some away, but this is the group that roughed it.  Really roughed it with plumbing and cabins and gas lines to grills and a pantry/storage room...no washer and dryer though...wish we could have stayed more than one night!


We tried to do a funny pic.  The Rice kids did awesome, but Donna and Dallin missed the funny!  I had to set the timer on my camera and run...and ran so fast I knocked Will off the bench...hilarious! not really!



It's funny how this reunion has changed over the years.  We used to go camping for a couple of nights...tent camping, WITH bathrooms, hoooray, and there used to be more time for the adults to sit and relax and chat and play games.  Now it's mandatory kid entertainment and most of the time most of the kids are even being supervised!  Maybe it hasn't changed much.  Maybe it's me who just wants to sit and relax and sneak off to the cabin and take a nap (napping...a theme in my life!)  and visit with family and be boring and lazy.

That's probably it.  And playing games with Gerald and Marlene and their boys is the best entertainment there is!

Next year, me and Will are in charge of the Biesinger reunion...and the Strong reunion...and just to make things interesting, Will will be gone with work stuff until about, oh...May.

This is when that wish of being really rich would come in handy...everyone hops on a plane and goes to Hawaii...easy. done. and everyone is very happy.

Thank you Marlene, for planning this reunion again this year.  My goal is to send out everyone's pictures to them so that they don't get lost on my computer.  Please remind me very often to do this!

I think I might have a problem with time management...another theme in my life!

1 comment:

Christensen Kids said...

Oh man! I hope you can get back to "normal" soon. It's like you need a vacation after a vacation :-)
Thanks for posting pictures!! I was SO sad to miss it this year. I love the Biesingers!! Maybe next summer since we won't have so many weddings I can plan my trip "home" during the reunion!