One of our little neighbor boys passed away unexpectedly on Saturday night. Britton Ivie was FULL of life. He, as his family described him, was an old man in a little boys body. I remember thinking Keli and Buddy were in trouble when he told Katie Jane that he thought she was sexy! He was 7!! Always the little ham...had the best mischievous smile and lisp. Such a great little boy!
I found these pictures I took this past summer at Emma's lemonade stand...his poses with his brother Tyler make me laugh.
It's never a good time for a child to pass away, but even less of a good time in December. My heart sincerely aches for this family. I just can't imagine. It doesn't seem fair that life goes on for everyone else. It feels like the world should stop...I've sure had a blessed life so far.
I keep thinking about this and can't put into words how I feel, but the only way I can explain how I feel is that Britton's spirit still has a physical presence here even though his body does not. I feel the same about my grandma Jane. I know he's happy...I know he's loved...I know he is safe...I know he is greatly missed by his family and friends...and I know we have a gracious, kind Father in Heaven who comforts us and blesses us when we need it...and when we don't.
His funeral was yesterday...his family was a pillar of strength, encouraging everyone to remember to smile.
Makes me wonder what reasons I have NOT to smile...hmmmm, can't think of any.




1 comment:
I get a stomach ache every time I think about it. I wonder if it will ever go away. I sure love that boy and miss him already.
Post a Comment