When I was a little girl we used to go to Temple Square in SLC every year to see the Christmas lights and fight huge crowds and go out to eat at JB's, but ever since we stopped fitting into two cars as an entire family, we've given up that tradition. I remember we even went on the night they turned on the lights. There was not even breathing room!
The last time Will and I took our kids up, we thought it would be fun to stay at a hotel to make it more fun for the kids (hotels are not fun with little kids) and we lived in Nephi which was almost 2 hours away, so it sounded like more fun/easy for me and Will too. What is less fun than being in a hotel with kids is being in a hotel with kids who are sick and throwing up.
That's what happened. So I stayed back in the hotel room with Jay while he continued to throw up and Will took the girls to see the lights and called me to tell me how beautiful it was on the phone.
I got to go with my girls, plus a few more girls, to see the lights last week.
Seeing the lights at Temple Square and seeing the beautiful Temple all lit up is something that brings back that fun anticipation of Christmas and the holidays...that feeling sometimes shows itself, but has gotten weaker with age...and being so busy, I guess. Seeing the lights and Robert Goulet's Christmas album...takes me right back to the good old days of record players and not being able to sleep because of the anticipation of what Santa brought!
It's nice to slow down and pay attention to the little things about Christmas. Will someone please remind me to do that?







2 comments:
That's it. I need you to take our family pictures. :)
Sorry that last comment was really me, just under my other account.
Post a Comment