Seriously! When did blogger get to user unfriendly?? Maybe it's because I haven't used it for so long, but it's taken me forever to figure out how to get pictures on here and try to change my template...I was trying to be all fancy and I was making a collage of pictures in photoshop...trying being the operative word...until a little warning came up and after reading it three times, I gave up on trying to figure out what it meant. Basically I was out of disk space...what?
Anyone want to give me photoshop lessons? It makes my brain SWIM to think of all the things it can do...and I think that's why I never use it.
Anyway, I promised Will I would go to bed before 2:00am...and I'm cutting it close right now, but my weekend wouldn't be productive if I didn't unclutter my picture files and get some memories on the blog!
It's funny how all things in life kind of merge together with a common theme...maybe it's because of the way I am looking at all the things that are going on in my life, but I almost feel like I'm on a TV show where the different story plots have the same underlying theme...
My theme lately has been...TIME.
I just finished a book about a week ago, actually I started it on a Friday (the Friday these pictures were taken) and finished it on Saturday. It was a really good book, but one that got a little too descriptive for my taste! Take out a couple of chapters and scenes, and the book would be fabulous. It was Water for Elephants.
If you've read it, you know what I'm talking about...don't you?
Anyway, I found that I really identified with the man telling the story. He was this young man in an old man's body...frustrated...irritated that he was treated like a human being with no purpose and that he couldn't do the things physically, he used to do. Totally identified with that!
Then, plot 2...Will's been gone for the past few weeks...again. I think I'm going to add up how much time he's been away from home this year. Certainly won't complain very loudly because he's been home much more than in the past, but I think he's been gone about three months total time added up this year.
This old woman doesn't like it!
So, in addition to the book, I also bought a movie that my sister Holly has been telling me I need to watch forever! The Notebook. Again, loved it. It made me cry. This old couple, still in love as much as they ever were...but getting old got in the way.
Makes me so sad!
I wish I had a conclusion to this story...I guess it's just that time goes by so fast! Faster than fast! There seriously isn't enough time in the day to accomplish everything in front of me. How do some moms do it?
Anyway...got that off my brain!
Before Will left we took a little fishing trip to Strawberry Reservoir. I can't believe that I'd never been there! It's beautiful!
The weekend before, Will and the girls had their fishing licenses and fishing poles and cup-o-worms (the first batch got left in a bucket in the hot garage for a few days...stunk like death!!) and were ready to spend the day at a different reservoir, but when they got to the turn off, the road was closed because of a fire...
We packed the truck with enough stuff to last a week, stopped at a KFC in Heber to grab some chicken for dinner and drove to this beautiful place...where all the rain that everyone in the West has been praying for, came.
We managed to get our tents up an then we all climbed into the biggest tent with our muddy feet, wind blown hair, buckets of chicken and boxes of biscuits...and no plates. We did have those sporks...so, we survived! And we did have hand wipes...never, never, never will a mother ever not need hand wipes.
Ever.
Will got up at 5:30am to go out on the lake with the kids and I slept in until my hips were resting on the ground because our air mattress had a slow leak. Then I got up, brushed my teeth, opened some frosted circus animal cookies (you know, the pink and white ones...so glad I brushed my teeth) opened my book and read until they came back.
They were gone more than 6 hours and they caught one fish...and it was too big so they had to put it back in the water. Sounds about right for our luck!
This is why I don't go into many bodies of water...things like this find their way to my feet and that's just something that I don't like the feeling of!
I'm so glad Will wants to do little things like this with the kids...even though I had my head buried in a pillow for a few hours of the trip because of a horrible headache...it was so nice to get out of the smoke and the heat and hear the rain and OOOOH and AHHHH at the lightning and thunder...
And not have fish for dinner. :/




No comments:
Post a Comment