I'm just SO not happy with the fact that I can't get my photoshop collage thing to work! I have ALmost a gazillion pictures and I don't think anyone wants to see them one.by.one.by.one.
But until someone can translate photoshop instructions and computer errors for me...enjoy these gazillion pictures!
I know I've said how small Jay was when he was born. He was 5 lbs. 11 oz. and when we left the hospital he was down to 5 lbs. 2 oz., which is normal, but holy tiny!!
Now look at him...all scruffy with facial hair and stuff...(drives his grumpa Strong NUTS...and I like the clean shaven look myself, but...) I think it makes Will jealous because it wasn't until Will was on his mission in South Korea that he started needing to shave. So the rumor must be true that kimchi will put hair on your chest...and face... ;)
Our measuring tape says he's a hair short of 6 ft. 5 in. And that was a couple of months ago, so...he might be there already...I'm still not sure what size shoe he wears because he never complains if his shoes are too small. They usually wear out completely...like the bottom is falling off and flapping...and then we get him a new pair and it's 3 sizes larger than the one he had been cramming his foot into...size 14/15. Get the shoe catalog out because you don't find those boats in shoe stores very often!
I probably should have stood on a step stool to take this pictures...can't believe he's already 17! He's such a good boy. Finally went on his first, 'real' date where he asked a girl and everything. He has worked this summer mowing lawns and taking care of landscaping. Sometimes I have to remind him to do it...he's not the best self-starter! :/ But I can always depend on him to help! He's been awesome to have around while Will has been gone...it's nice to have another driver in the house, although I worry every time he pulls out of the driveway.
Such a scary stage of life...for me!!
We are so blessed to have an awesome boy...he is an example to me of self-confidence and humility.
Last year for his 'sweet 16' we had a surprise party and rented a huge movie screen and watched Star Wars in the backyard...this year, we went almost in the opposite direction...he woke up to a new phone. He's been using our old phones for the past 4 years. He totally deserved it! His excitement was off the charts...Jay's charts...he sent me a text and used two exclamation points about how much he loved his gift. Wahoo.
I went all out (the Julie way...which is not so much) and got trick candles and a #7 candle...at this stage in my life, I think I'm going to save all the # candles and keep using them as my kids hit that age. The #1 is going to be noticeably burned down very soon!
Happy 17, Jay!





3 comments:
Holy Moly that is a tall boy!!!
Holy Moly that is a tall boy!!!
From the front he is all Strong, the side view was totally Biesinger. What a good boy... Man.
Post a Comment