Tuesday, August 21, 2012

the end of summer...

It all happened so quickly, yet...I am so ready for fall to be here.

I need to breathe without the choking on thick smoke from all the fires and sweating in bed should only happen during pregnancy, if ever, so the cool, crisp, clean air sounds so wonderful to me...and can I just say that I am in heaven right now!  The faint hiss of the dishwasher, the spinning washing machine, my bed is made, I worked out this morning, got my laundry all folded, and Willie is laying at my feet (he's already come inside with muddy feet and face...he likes to drink the water from the water fountain outside for some reason, it's chunkier maybe.??.) it's quiet and peaceful and I love it!

I'm not the type of person to brag about how awesome I am and how much I've accomplished in 30 minutes (those people make me gag and roll my eyes)...so don't take what I just said as bragging.  I'm just feeling my space!  Love it!

Not that I don't love my kids around, and I'm sure in a couple of weeks I'll be envying the freedom of summer and no homework at the last minute again, but for right now.  Ahhhh!

Here's first day of school pics.  Jay's didn't turn out so well.  Maybe I need to use a ladder when I take his pictures?  That and we were so late for the first carpool that the group of kids from the second carpool were already at my house, and I don't think I was paying attention to my camera settings...too much light.

Worthy of mentioning...I was getting milk out of the fridge this morning when I asked Jay if he needed to shave still, and he said...You haven't seen me yet, have you?

Nope!

Sideburns and shaggy goatee...GONE.  I was kind of getting used to it!



AND, to make my day even a little better, I learned how to do collages in LightRoom!  YAY!  This is my first, so I definitely need to work on it, but no more zillion pictures!

I love my beautiful kids.  Jay is a junior, Katie Jane is a sophomore, Lauren is in 8th and Emma is in 4th.  

It feels like yesterday when I was standing on the front porch, yelling at them to run faster so they wouldn't be late for school...back in the day when they all went to elementary school 2 blocks away.

And time speeds on.

2 comments:

Jason and Britney said...

I understand exactly what you are talking about. You left out the part about your house being clean for 6 hours straight! It truely is a miracle.

I love that you are blogging again!

Graciesmom said...

It speeds along to quickly!!