I'm way behind. I've been associating the computer with bills lately, so I leave this stupid machine alone in the corner as much as possible...Thus the overload of posts about to happen.
Nothing is in order. Including my brain/house/self. But, for my sanity sake - I must record these events. Some are super exciting (to me at least) and some not so much. All have contributed to the chaos that is my life!
First up...The Kunze Family Reunion
The Kunze (Will's mom's family - pronounced Coon-zee) reunion happened on the 4th of July this year in the luxurious town of Price, Utah...who wouldn't want to spend a day in a town that is most often just driven through?
Nothing is in order. Including my brain/house/self. But, for my sanity sake - I must record these events. Some are super exciting (to me at least) and some not so much. All have contributed to the chaos that is my life!
First up...The Kunze Family Reunion
The Kunze (Will's mom's family - pronounced Coon-zee) reunion happened on the 4th of July this year in the luxurious town of Price, Utah...who wouldn't want to spend a day in a town that is most often just driven through?
The kids had a blast at the main attraction in the town...Wendys, no - the wave pool. The very large-dangerous wave pool. I saw more than 3 kids coming out of the pool - including my Emma, see picture below - with a banged body part because of ginormous wave collisions. Still, they had a lot of fun. Even sans sunscreen - the Best Mother awards just keep coming!

I've been kind of lazy with my camera lately...sort of pouting in a way, I guess, so I didn't take a lot of pictures at the reunion. Will took all the pool pictures because I was walking Willie around and around and around and around the park, but I had to get a picture of these guys...
Avery, Doris, Olivia and Kenneth Kunze
Avery and Olivia are their grand-daughters
Years ago...a little more than 14 years ago, when we lived in Kansas, Will and I would drive 5 1/2 hours to California, Missouri to stay and visit with Will's grandpa Kunze's cousin - Kenny (got that?) We would usually go for Easter and Thanksgiving - and we LOVED it. It was more like a foodie trip for me...awesome food, all the time, one meal after another. I found out I was pregnant with Jay the day before we drove to California (Missouri, that is) the first time at Thanksgiving. Then at Easter the next year, when Jay was a mover and a shaker inside my lovely, swelling belly, Avery put her little 4 year old hand on my stomach and felt Jay kick. She was so excited! ( I forgot to tell her about that while they were here for the reunion -- dang!) Olivia was just a baby and had a ton of dark hair - she still does. Kenny and Doris treated us so well. They drove us to Branson to see the Christmas lights, they had get togethers for us, they let us relax in their comfortable home, fixed us never-ending meals and took us for tours at Burger's Smokehouse.
We really, really miss them. We were so excited to find out they were going to be at the reunion this year and we almost moved heaven and earth to get there. Long story.
I think 6 of their 7 grandsons have either served or are still in the Marines/Army/Air Force. A couple of them have done multiple tours too. We love them and can't wait to see them again. Will is planning to drive (ugggh!) out there over UEA later this year. Oh, to be rich so that we could fly!
We really, really miss them. We were so excited to find out they were going to be at the reunion this year and we almost moved heaven and earth to get there. Long story.
I think 6 of their 7 grandsons have either served or are still in the Marines/Army/Air Force. A couple of them have done multiple tours too. We love them and can't wait to see them again. Will is planning to drive (ugggh!) out there over UEA later this year. Oh, to be rich so that we could fly!
No comments:
Post a Comment