Friday, July 10, 2009

Good things Come to those who wait...because they don't have enough money at the time!

Does anyone remember a while ago when I posted that I had lost out on purchasing some pillow shams from Pottery Barn? Of course you do - because I got so much sympathy and good ideas from some of you. I took the advice of my friend Alta and I searched for the pillow shams on e-bay. I FOUND THEM! FOR $69.99 A PIECE! Shut the front door, are your kidding me? I was so mad. How could someone take advantage of a poor, sham wanter like me? There was no way that I was going to pay that much for something that was only $39.99 to begin with. So I gave up...until...

Quick trip late one night to my parents condo in Washington (Utah). We decided to escape for a couple of days with the kids and hang out at the pool. It was so nice. We didn't even leave the condo until the last day. Will and Jay went to play death tennis. That's tennis in 105 degree heat, while me and the girls tried to hit all our favorite stores down there. I had seen a new store...DownEast Home & Outfitters at the north end of town and I have heard that they sell Pottery Barn/Williams Sonoma stuff there.

Guess what was right in front of me as we walked into the store...on display...calling to me...

The pillow shams...for $9.99 a piece! Isn't your faith in retail humanity restored? I was so excited! I had even checked on the e-bay ones a few days earlier, and there was only 1 sham left. I couldn't have even gotten a pair if I wanted to pay the $69.99 a piece!

I never even considered buying the matching quilt from Pottery Barn. Yes, I have purchased 5 other quilts from there before, but this wasn't totally necessary because I figured the shams would satisfy my need-to-match-the bathroom need.

So I had the 7 foot 2 kid strip the display bed for me and got me the pillow shams. Then I asked how much the quilt was. If the shams were $9.99 from $39.99, then what would the quilt be? The manager looked it up for me and quoted me $79.99 for the king size quilt. I told him that the display quilt was a full/queen and he said, "Oh, well then $59.99." FROM $229.00!!!!

I want it.

Give it to me.



So I got the 2 shams AND the quilt for the same price that 2 shams would have been! Isn't that exciting? I love my bedroom anyway, but this just makes it so much better!

I got home and took them up to my bedroom and the colors are EXACT! It's perfect! Can you feel me smiling? It's been a week and I'm still so thrilled with my find! Now my bathroom/bedroom "goes".

Life is good! Now I've got my eyes on the most awesome pair of Frye boots at Nordstrom...

4 comments:

Jason and Britney said...

I love a good bargain, especially after a long hunt! I am so happy for you. You room looks GORGEOUS! I still have never seen the inside of your house...

Brookie said...

Wooohooo!!!! That is SO exciting!

Jerbabe said...

If you went and bought everything you wanted you would not have this joy you have now! I think we can each appreciate what you are feeling. I love you Julie AND your amazing blog. You certainly have a talent!

Graciesmom said...

I love a good bedding story!!
Especially if it involves death tennis.