Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Last year while Will was in Afghanistan at this time I was hearing good/not much action going on news. Will just forwarded me this e-mail from one of the ANA (Afghan National Army) interpreters, Nasir.

Hi sir how r u? we are good but not very well.We are in dangerus place we
lost some of our friend in this bad area i mean U.S friends and one of terp
u dont know him lost his two legs in a IED. so we have very bad days in this
area i hope we will see each other soon we never forgot ur friendship sir and
also congratulition ur new rank.
Ok sir tell hi whoever u see and specialy tell hi to ur family see u as soon
as passible.


Again...not much if ANY media coverage of what's going on to our soldiers
over there. But we all know what's going on with Michael Jackson,huh?
I really wonder where our priorities are as a country sometimes.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

We are SO GLAD Will is home safe and sound. Our prayers are with those who are still there.

Brookie said...

So sad. I also wonder what our priorities are as a country as well. I am sick of the tabloids. Let people live their lives and lets focus on more important things!

Graciesmom said...

Wow. What a difference it would make if the media would report stuff like this.
And yes, I also wonder where the priorities are. I mean, all programing interrupted for Micheal Jackson's funeral? I thought he was a real talent but seriously.