Friday, December 18, 2009

Right Now...In a land far, far away...

lives a man named Will.

I know I'm missing Will a lot when I start watching my romantic, swooning type movies to compensate for the lack of romance while he's gone. I even took the little TV out of my laundry room and put it in my bedroom so I could watch 'Pride and Prejudice' in total quiet without any sounds of SpongeBob or children to ruin it! I know I brag about how wonderful I think Will is...to the point of annoyance maybe, but there's something about 'Mr. Darcy' - in the short version of Pride and Prejudice - that reminds me of Will.

Maybe it's the way he walks.

ummm, yeah...the walk is for sure!


Maybe it's his loyalty and quietness.

Maybe it's because he's so good looking with the most heart-stopping voice.

Again...I'm thinking of Will!

He teases me that Mr. Darcy has a hairy chest and knows that I don't like that - but Tom Selleck does too. I'll forgive a hairy chest for only a few gorgeous men...Will included, of course!

So without giving out too much information...which I tend to do...I'll say that Will is visiting his old stomping grounds in South Korea. He spent 2 years there almost 20 years ago - wow! That's what OLD people say in church when they refer to their missions! I was so excited for him to get back to Korea - mostly for the sake of the food! Even though he feels he's lost his Korean language skills, which he has not because in our house my kids use the Korean word for milk instead of saying 'milk', he's been a great help to a lot of the people he's with right now - especially on the taxi rides! He sent me these pictures of Seoul from his hotel room window.

Just a few people living there!

He was so excited when he got off the plane and didn't smell the combo of open sewer and kim chi...which is what he smelled 20 years ago when he got off the plane!

And he had the opportunity to meet up with a missionary from our town/stake. Elder Hyer's (the Elder next to Will) parents sent along presents with Will to give to their son. So they met up yesterday/today...they're 16 hours ahead...deja vue from last year and trying to figure out what time it was where Will was. Just looking at the food on the table makes me jealous! I looked at this picture for a minute and then noticed the little "pin-up" picture behind them. Do you think they noticed? I think so too!




I haven't had a chance to talk to Will since he sent me these pictures, but I sent them to Elder Hyer's mom as soon as Will sent them to me and she was thrilled to tears! I know how it is - in a small, different way - to treasure every tidbit of information from a loved one far away! I even looked at Will in one of the pictures above and I think that he's changed in the week he's been gone.

I can't wait to get my 'Mr. Darcy' back!

3 comments:

regina said...

i noticed the naughty little picture immediately someone needs to all the mission president unless that is the new english get to know the missionary picture pamphlet. i feel they would experience more success if handing those out.

A Few Tacos Shy... said...

I love Pride and Prejudice but I'm a snob and only love the 6 hour BBC version (I can't stand Keira Knightly)

LeMira said...

Matt will be so jealous -- he served his mission there, too.