A major stress in my life is family pictures. School pictures rank right up there along with family pictures, but I'm not there when school pictures are being taken...I can't critique my kids and tell them what to do...someone else does that. But family pictures are different. How hard is it to get all the planets to align and all of my children to look at the camera...and smile...and not blink and to sit up straight. I guess maybe formal family pictures aren't for me.
We had a good friend, Mike, take our family picture in our "Family Tree" a couple of months ago. He did a great job! I always love the pictures, but I hate me in them. I always ruin it. But I loved seeing how much my kids have grown in 2 years. Next year, we're going to have to find a new place for Emma to sit. I might not even fit in that crook of the tree next year!
So here's us...in our beloved Elm tree.
We had a good friend, Mike, take our family picture in our "Family Tree" a couple of months ago. He did a great job! I always love the pictures, but I hate me in them. I always ruin it. But I loved seeing how much my kids have grown in 2 years. Next year, we're going to have to find a new place for Emma to sit. I might not even fit in that crook of the tree next year!
So here's us...in our beloved Elm tree.
I know it sounds really vain of me to notice things about myself...mainly because I think my family looks great and I can't see anything wrong with them, but I can ALWAYS find something wrong with myself...but, I've decided that I look much better with short hair (Holly, remember that and remind me of it every time I say I want my hair a little longer!) and even though I don't feel "heavier" (me + the scale = not friends), why is it that the camera adds at least 10 pounds to only me? Why? Did we just eat dinner or something? Maybe it's NOT the camera.
And just to compare, here is the picture my BIL, Brad took in the fall of 2007. He does a fabulous job too. All the kids have the full, almost baby faces of when they are young. So cute!
I love the freedom I have now that my kids are getting older, but when I look at pictures of my kids when they were younger, I miss that time in my life. But then I remember that I usually only take pictures of the good, fun times...so I remember all the good, fun times. All the frustrating times are not caught on film...so I'm good.
8 comments:
What fun family pictures! And I think orange is your color. Looks so good with your tanned skin and dark hair. Also the hair is good! Looks cute short too, but I think it's way cute now. Quit picking at yourself! (although I think it's something we all do)
What a cute family!
You are georgeous! (So is the rest of the family btw) I agree with the previous comment... I think the orange looks so good on you and your hair is perfect! I wanna look like YOU! ;)
I think you look fabulous! I've always thought so. You have a good-looking family, and they're only going to get better looking.
okay, i'll say it. will looks like a nerd. a smart hang out in the library nerd with his plaid cardigan. comparing the two pictures from brown t-shirt to fancy matching clothes i would say you do have a huge say in the family wardrobe. i watched that picture in action as i was driving by. thought about throwing fruit for added effect, but let the feeling slide. and as a side note, nerd is not an insult. as one friend put it "nerds rule the world." and you know what? he was right.
Oh Julie! You look Bea..UTIFUL! I love the picture! You are almost as bad as me when it comes to picking on yourself. Believe me, YOU have nothing to worry about! You family is growing and changing, Katie Jane is a woman!
I think your hair length is perfect! I actually prefer it the way it is. Isn't it interesting how you see yourself and how others see you. It makes me wonder if I really look bad when I am feeling pretty good about how I look. The other day at the gym I absolutely hated my outfit. I thought I looked horrible in it, and I told everyone around me that this was the last time I was ever going to wear it. My friends were all surprised, and didn't see what I was seeing. go figure!?! long story short, you are beautiful! And you'll never convince me otherwise....so there:)
I love the picture. You all look good and I think you look pretty. You don't ruin it. I've decided mom's don't ruin anything. They complete most everything.
So cute!!! You are really way too hard on yourself!!!! It is fun to see how much your kids have grown up.
Post a Comment