Jay is so tall that he can't even hug normally!! He has to hunch over and then the hug turns into a neck stretching back pat. Silly kid!
This is the day that Jay took on some more responsibility in church. He was ordained to the office of a Priest...more about that here.
It always amazes me how my kids accomplish things and excel without me having to do it for them! I'm still in the mind set that I have to do everything for them and save them when they need help...like bringing them their gym shoes at school...and lunch money...and books and cleaning their rooms and doing their laundry and...ok, I still do too much for them. At times I am so thankful that they have actually listened to me and learned...and then that moment passes.
I think they act responsible only when they want to. It's really confusing and irritating at the same time!
But Jay 's been so diligent at his church responsibilities. And I am so proud him. He's such a good kid. (although he's very teenager-ish in his attitude and patience lately, but I think that's normal. hopefully)
It was kind of a last minute deal...so we didn't give the grandparents very much notice before he was ordained....so grandpa Biesinger wasn't able to make it.
We're so thankful for loving family!
Even if they are all blurry! I get panicked and forget all my camera settings sometimes...
The next "church" step for Jay is for him to go on a mission. Now THAT makes me feel really old! The girls are already fighting over who gets his room!




No comments:
Post a Comment