January!
I said this on facebook, which I'm kind of trying to scoot away from because I can't print those pages off into a book like I can my blog...but I was listening to some nice, calm, kind of jazzy music on my way to the best dentist in the world, except he's not on their website yet (my seriously, 10th time in the last two weeks for me and my kids combined) who also happens to be my handsome, talented brother Brad and somehow in the middle of that nice, calm music playlist I had a Christmas song.
Now, my philosophy in life has been...BEEN...that since my birthday is 3 months exactly before Christmas Day, I start listening to Christmas music on my birthday. But the older I've gotten, I just can't handle THAT much Christmas music. Three months is a long time and by December 26th, I'm setting my radio to the 80's and 90's channels and loving them. And I have enough Christmas music to not play the same song twice in 3 months. I can, however, listen to Christmas music for 2 months...
So I sang along to the song...I think it was The Christmas Song by this divinely crooning guy...(who was on The Office last night) and I will admit that I did replay the song maybe three times because I like to harmonize with him. In the next life, I WILL have a beautiful singing voice! Now, I'm just faking it!
Time is just going too fast!
So here goes everyday stuff...even though I still have family reunion pics and hundreds of pics of Korea that I still need to go through...oh well.
And hold on...I'm all over the board here!
I have two nephews who recently...or will soon...became members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
We missed Treven's baptism because we were flying back from Korea...but we got home in time to eat the yummy food and dessert after, you know, one of the best parts! Especially after not having anything sweet for a week except for green tea ice cream. No, it wasn't good. at. all.
His eyes are so dark you can almost get lost in there! And I'm not even going to comment on his awesome lashes and eyebrows!
My brother Ryan even brought wardrobe change for Treven...or tie changes. Treven told me what he wanted to do wearing what tie..."I want to climb up in the tree, and wear my black tie!"

And Dylan...he's almost 8. In so many of these pictures he reminded me of the cute little boy, Michael, in Mary Poppins. Missing front teeth and everything!
Ya, he's 8!
Seriously...I have the most handsome nephews EVER! Dylan has always been the most quiet and sweet little boy who wouldn't dream of doing anything to make anyone look at him. So this thing with getting his picture taken and having to smile was a major step for him! That's why neither mom or dad could come...just sister Allie.
I also think he has the most awesome hair! My Jay got the straw-like carpet head of hair...none of this awesome faux-hawk type stuff! Love it!
Speaking of Jay...
We've spent many a Thursday nights at football games these last few months. This is right after spending many nights watching baseball games...basketball games before that...but football is different.
I literally see a sparkle in Will's eyes when he watches Jay play football. Not the, "If the coach had only put me in to play in the 4th quarter we could have taken STATE" sparkles... but the "my son is good" sparkles.
Jay's not playing in a positing to make him a star...but he's following in his dad's footsteps and Jay "gets" the game. He understands it and I think that's what Will loves.
Now if we could only get into Jay's head that it's okay to smear the quarterback into the ground! He gives the quarterbacks a scare...but he's been told too many times not to hit, I guess!
That and his legs are so long he looks like he moves in slow motion! But, the other day we got to a game a little late and I wasn't sure if Jay would be playing because he had just gotten his wisdom teeth out (Again...awesome brother Brad the dentist...) So as I was walking under the bleachers I was looking out onto the field to see if he was playing and I saw only, what I thought, were "his" legs out on the field so I told Will, ya, he's out there. When we got to our seats, the legs I thought were Jay's were not attached to the #50 that Jay usually wears so I was wondering whose legs I had seen. They were in fact Jays..he just had a different number home jersey on.
A mother knows her children by their cry, their laughs, their yellings, their walks, and their legs.
Jay's wrapping the QB up in this next pic...I don't expect anyone to know that except me, Will and of course, Jay.
I told you I was going to be all over the board!












No comments:
Post a Comment