Is it too much to hope for?
I laughed while they were taking this picture because they had Jay bending his knees so his head wouldn't stick up so high compared to some of the other boys.
Kind of reminds me of my first date/dance in high school. The guy I went with was a senior, I was a sophomore, he was about 5 inches shorter than me, (not to mention about 30 lbs. lighter as well - story of my dating life) so he went up on his tip-toes and I sunk down to his height...you can totally tell in the dance picture too. I'm so glad that part of my life is over! It's one thing being a guy and being tall...but being a girl and being tall, I often feel like...Xena: Princess Warrior!!!
They ended up having Jay just stand on the floor insead of on the riser like the other boys on the back row. At least it got a non-cheezy smile out of him!
Gotta love that great florescent lighting in gyms. I need to get a zoom lense, also.
His Eberhard, long, gorilla-like arms.
He finally realized that if he jumps as well as reach for the ball...he gets it almost every time. He definately is a key player for his team because he's great at getting the rebounds. He's working on the shots from underneath the basket per stern request from his grumpa Strong. It's fun to watch him play and interact with some of the boys on the other teams, too. He's such a friendly, great sport and is always telling the other players "good job", and patting them on the back or high-fives when they have a great shot or block - no matter which team they're on. He's not to the super competitive if-we-lose-it's-the-end-of-the-world phase.
Hallelujah!
I'm so glad he enjoys playing...that's what it's all about.
Hallelujah!
I'm so glad he enjoys playing...that's what it's all about.

2 comments:
Yay for Jay! I hope my Grady will be a good sport too! I don't know that Grady will be our retirement, maybe his college scholarship!
Can we cash in on your retirment too! Look at that boy go!
Post a Comment