Okay, all you moms out there...what is one of the most annoying things about children? I said just ONE thing...Maybe that they leave a trail of destruction and mess where ever they go?
I love my kids! They're great kids! They're also pigs! (said in the most endearing way possible...as to not embarrass them!)
This is the reason that Will spent a couple of days building this for me. Not only was HE tired of tripping all over the kids shoes and backpacks and bags, etc...but he was even more tired of listening to ME yell at the kids to come pick up their shoes and backpacks and bags, etc....And the fact that I screamed at least once a week when I stubbed my toe on all the crap on the floor of the mudroom. Crap meaning shoes, backpacks and bags...not....crap.
So many times, I have had an entire wall unit of locker/shelves from Pottery Barn online in my shopping cart. Then I would look at the price and regretfully remove all the items. I knew exactly what I wanted, but didn't have the couple of thousand dollars to get it. Ahhhh! The thought of having a place for everything and everything it it's place. Sounds heavenly to me!!!
Will is wonderful! Not a lot of guys would be able to build something like this...especially to my specifications. He exceeded what I thought was possible! I'm so grateful to have a husband who is handy...with power-tools. He designed everything from start to finish and didn't even bat an eye when I told him what color I wanted to paint it. I've been into the color blue lately and I didn't want anything too dark because my mudroom doesn't have a lot of natural light. I wanted something more 'robin-egg-ish' but this is close enough. I hate painting. Everything in my house is green, so I stepped waaaay out of my comfort-zone this time!
And this the after...with the most horrible light possible for taking pictures. I don't like using a flash.
It is so nice...nicer than you can believe...to take the two steps down into my mudroom and not twist my ankle on a shoe, or kick a combat boot.
Will, thank you for giving me everything that I want!
6 comments:
love it, and have Will come and kick my husband in the butt so he will start on mine! love the color also!
I love it!!! I thought I was the only one screaming at my kids, I started making the kids pay me a nickle everytime they would leave their backpack or shoes out. Since I went back to work it hasn't worked as well. Will did a fantastic job. You will have to show it off when Justin comes home teaching!
Spoiled! I would love to have one of those made, but the sad part is I don't even have a mud room to put one in. So your little project just makes me want a new house! I will have to figure something out that will fit in my house. Maybe after Dan gets my basement finished. Oh the projects!
Wow! Those are awesome. Way to go Will!!
VERY NICE! Love it! I wish I'd had one of those for my mudroom when my kids were home. I noticed there are SIX cubbies... that either means you and Will each have one or your planning on expanding the family... any announcements? lol
Loooove it! Love everything about it! We went to the parade of homes in Saint George last weekend. At every house my friend and I would say, "they need some lockers with hooks to hang coats and backpacks and a place for your shoes". We should have toured your house! It's perfect!
Post a Comment