Monday, February 22, 2010

White or black...I guess it's too late, because they're black.


Little mini-vacation last weekend.  The kids wanted to go to swim...too cold (next post will prove that wrong) and Will wanted to go to just relax - and ended up doing an Army course on-line the whole time.  Me...I shopped.  Nothing like non-picked over stores.  Everything here in Utah County is sooo picked over.  Everyone is trying for the same stuff.  It's nice to go somewhere where the 'stuff' is different.  To me, anyway.

So these are the couple things I found. 


I would LOVE a lamp made out of one of these candlesticks, but I'll keep looking for one that's not $229.00...of course the lamp that I want is that much.  So I got the candlesticks painted, actually, Will painted them...and sanded them...and primed them - I know! I know!  I realize how awesome he is - and then I started to question if that was the right choice.  White would look great too, huh?  I'm not good at making that decision myself...I need something to copy.  Or someone.  Anyway, the lamp either needs to be painted or I need to find a lamp shade that I love.  Which I did...right here. 

Ahhhh, the possibilities!

2 comments:

The Olsons said...

Nice! I love it! I have seen them made from the candlesticks before, but it's going to be darling. I can't wait to see the finished project. I think black was a good choice. But I am kinda stuck on black.

Jason and Britney said...

You can do it Julie! I bought a candlestick and drilled a whole through the middle, bought a lamp kit and home depot and TADA... lamp just like you wanted for less that 229.00. If I can do it Will can do it twice as good! I think they look so cute!