As much as I love Will and Jay...I'm so glad football season is over! Will would leave for work at 6:30...get home about 6:30 that night and go straight to football practice---so it got very old...fast! I think I'll miss the stinky football pads the most.
Jay was so great about getting himself to practice if I was at work and I know that Will would say that's how it should have been...but I'm too much of a "control-mom" and I feel the need to do everything for my children.
Last Saturday was their last game...they were hoping that it wouldn't be, but it ended up that way...with the decision being made in the last 30 seconds. It's so strange that I was wishing and hoping that they would lose and then once I was at the game, the rainy, windy, freezing game, I found myself wanting them to win.
They had a perfect season. Undefeated in their division. Losing only once to the same team they lost to at this playoff game.
Coach Biesinger giving a pep-talk at half time. This was before the wall of a storm came in and had me hiding behind an umbrella trying to protect my camera. Every once in a while I would peak around the corner to watch a play. The poor players and coaches had no protection.
It was a wet t-shirt contest on the sidelines.
Will won! Of course!
Will won! Of course!
All I can say is I am so thankful for thermal underwear!
Jay, #77 doing his job. He played both on the offensive and defensive line. He was proud of the fact that at this game he got an opposing player mad at him to the point that the officials called an unsportsman-like conduct penalty on the other team.
Grumpa drove down in his "Obama-car" to watch the game but left before he got stuck in the storm. He gets so nervous at these games that he usually never sits in the stands.
I'm so proud of Jay. He still doesn't have the intense drive that Will wants him to have, but that's because Jay's too much like me.
No comments:
Post a Comment