Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

Happy Halloween!



In our house, even if you ARE a skeleton, you have to sit like a lady or gentleman!
I think one of my kids did this...or it was in storage in that shape and can't move out of it!


 This Halloween was a blur.  I didn't get any pictures of the kids in their costumes because we were too busy cleaning up the sewer water that had backed up into our furnace room...and Jay's room (something that I can't solve with bleach!) and paying a huge amount of money to have a root ball from our very root-filled yard cut out of the sewer line.

Lovely, it was just lovely!

But we did carve pumpkins.  Outside because the weather was BE-Utiful...and because my house stinks like, excuse the language...crap!
Katie Jane's BTR pumpkin---Big Time Rush, don't you know!!, Lauren's rendition of SpongeBob although it looks a little more like Sandy, Jay's pumpkin had the flu, and Emma's was just a good 'ole pumpkin, because that's all the patience and creativity I had and her instructions were just one tooth on the bottom.  Done.

I wasn't about to let Emma carve her pumpkin with the sheet rock knife I was using.

Willie wasn't interested in what was coming out of Jay's pumpkin, although had it been real, he probably would have been licking it up.  That's such a gross thought!

 
And the obligatory picture of the dog!  As mangy as he looks.


 These are what I like Halloween for.  My kids hate carving pumpkins because I make them collect every last seed.


Besides the Trunk-or-Treat at the church, Emma didn't want to trick or treat so we went to Grandma Strongs and stopped by a friends house on the way home.  Lauren was at a party, Jay was at a friends and Katie was waiting at home for her friends to come by.

This is what happens when your kids get older and all the fizzle fizzes out of the holidays!

No comments: