Sunday, January 9, 2011

This little pig...is ours!

I FINALLY figured out how to post/download pictures with my new computer without picasa.  

Life can begin again!

I'd like you to meet the newest member of the Biesinger family!  What you say?  When did the Biesinger's become pig farmers?  

Since Jay joined the FFA.  Like father like son.  If it were up to Will, we'd have a pig pen in our backyard...I have final veto on that desire.  We had to go take care of them tonight for the first time and I think my girls were squealing louder than the pigs.  Jay's not sure which one is his yet.  It's one of seven very cute, pudgy, short-legged, stinky oinkers.


Do you think they look stinky?  They are.


But they're still so cute...and smart.  And I know I was only with them for 55 minutes, but to watch them run around in circles and play and so smartly lift up the lid to their food bins with their noses and try to eat the metal bars...


I know, eating metal bars doesn't really sound smart.  Neither does rolling in your own poop.




Did you really think you wanted to look at multiple pictures of pigs today?  I know, but I was excited to take pictures of them, him, her...them.

We're going to be spending a lot of time with these guys...Jay wants to name his...Ham.  So original, I know.  I was going to be Babe, or Porky, or Fatty, or Pig, but since it will eventually be ham....Ham fits.

There you go, Will.  Are you a proud pig daddy??

2 comments:

regina said...

we raised pigs growing up, my dad named them carlos, regina, and jennifer one year, i am still insulted. the number of days till slaughter another year so the named changed every day. i also learned that they are freaky fast if they get out and chasing them through the woods leaves you with a lot of scratches and am other screaming to not make them too hot because they don't sweat. yeah, pigs and i go way back......

Unknown said...

Soooeeee! I'm in Hog Heaven!