My bro Ryan surprised his wife Kristy with a new, cute, filthy dirty (temporarily) little puppy while Kristy was working her second night shift in a row.
She comes home from work...they have a new dog!!
Very brave of Ryan, but so worth it! Promise!
They've wanted a dog for a long time and somehow we pulled the wool over their eyes and made them think that Willie was a fabulous dog, so they wanted a dog like Willie. Do I need to put some post links here to remember all the things that Willie destroyed? Time heals all wounds. It's really true though...Willie IS a fabulous dog and I realize that I totally lucked out! But by them getting a new puppy, it sort of made me puppy-hungry!
I was THIS CLOSE to saying yes to another dog. THIS CLOSE!
There will always only ever be one William Wallace the Westie though...as he sits behind me soaking in some sun rays watching the quail run around in the yard--always on the lookout for that darned stray cat! What the life!
Ryan and Kristy ran a half-marathon this past weekend so we got to Coop-sit! My kids were in h.e.a.v.e.n!
Willie was not, although he did VERY well. He wanted to play, but then he also wanted his space. We would try to give Coop treats for obeying commands like "come" and "sit" and Willie was right there in my face showing me that he could do it too and wanting his treat. Every once in a while Willie would throw in a "roll over" trick to show off.
Clearly he wanted Coop to know that he was the boss...but Coop's feet didn't touch the ground much. Between being carried in blankets and treated like a little baby and rocked to sleep...seriously, that was Lauren's weekend activity...rocking Coop to sleep!
but, how can you not love that cute little face?
There was a little bed envy on Willie's part, but after a while, everyone slept where they belonged! Sometimes Coop's bed became his refuge!! From both Willie and my kids.
Coop tried to follow Willie everywhere he went. Sometimes that 15 ft. line was a little harsh as Coop was yanked back when Willie went too far away.
I'm not sure if it's a Westie thing, but both these guys are always underfoot and if I stand still long enough, Willie sits on my feet. I know Westie's aren't really considered to be lap dogs, but OUR westie is. Lap dog/mountain goat.
We are so glad to welcome Coop into the family. Someone needs to remind Willie that he's still a dog.





No comments:
Post a Comment