Wednesday, March 16, 2011

So Dramatic

So Katie Jane's been practicing for a play lately...early morning practices--like 6:15 early--and late night practices--like 9:30 late--and all that practicing has paid off!  All the kids did such a great job and both Will and I were so impressed with their talent.

Their teacher did a great job, even though I felt many times that I was a Jr. High student again with her demands on me as a parent!  Not that I would say something mean, but I'm going to stick to my rule of--if you can't say something nice....

Will went on opening night with Lauren and Emma, I had photo class (I don't dare miss a minute!)  and of course Will did the right fatherly thing and got Katie flowers for her opening night...he's such a great dad!  He also got me flowers.  Yes he did!



All that dark makeup and you can barely tell she has 4 pounds of makeup on!



The costumes were great and the makeup was great...the set was great (it's got Will written all over it...or some of it) the music and dancing and acting were great.  We're going again on Saturday for closing night and then Katie will probably try out again next year, which might not be too bad because some of those early morning practices were my motivation to get my butt out of bed and go to the gym.

I remember when Jay wanted to try out for a play last year and I read the letter to the parents as to what was expected of the student and the parent...I quickly threw the paper away and Jay didn't get too upset about it.  Katie Jane really wanted to do this though, and I helped her a little with finding a song for her to sing and since I know NOTHING about dancing (I guess my skills on the Wii-Just Dance weren't proof enough) she wouldn't accept any coaching from me on the dancing part, but apparently she didn't need any help from me.

She's awesome enough on her own.

No comments: