Thursday, March 31, 2011

Oh yay!

Some randoms...one of my niece Emery.  She and her sis Halle came to visit last Friday.  Emery followed Willie around everywhere saying, "puppy, puppy, puppy" trying to put her blanket on him.  And Willie showed his true jealous colors by forcing his stalky little body onto my lap whenever I was holding Emery.

As you can see, Emery is glued to the TV ( because that's how we babysit in our house) watching a video of a little mouse that likes to dance ballet.

Those were the days.  Now I have to tell my kids to turn off  some of the shows their watching because the girls on the shows don't have enough clothing on.  Seriously!


And then there's baseball.


Jay tried out for the high school freshman baseball team and made it.  He was so excited and we're so proud of him!!  Deep down I was hoping that he wouldn't make it because not only does sitting at baseball games create horrible tan lines on mid-calf and upper arm (I need the enTIRE arm and leg tan for maximum weight loss illusion) but sitting on those bleachers kills my back.

I had to tell Jay that he pulls funny faces when he throws the ball.


Not to mention that it had snowed the day before his last game.  That's never fun.


We had to wait around to see if the ground was going to dry up enough, so Will helped add some additive to the dirt to help soak up some of the water with a few of the other dads and field maintenance guys.  He knew I was taking pictures of him, so he wouldn't look up.  And then as soon as he saw the pictures he had to make some rude comment about himself.

He's worse than me sometimes.


I've been working on my photo editing program, and I'm getting more confident with it and I think I found some fun things to do to photos, and ways to correct them as well.  Hallelujah!  


Jay had another game last night.  Not as cold and windy as the one on Saturday.  I took some left over Valentine's Day candy to keep me busy.  Why is it that I can't throw any candy away?  I'm discovering that the only way I can cope with the competitive stress is to distract myself with food.    Will and Katie said the candy we were eating last night tasted like detergent.  Tasted fine to me!  

I didn't take my camera last night because I thought it was going to be too dark for any pictures and that's exactly why Jay got a great hit.  A stand up double.

There was also a beautiful sunset.  The clouds were big tufts of cotton balls covering the sky and they were tinted pink.  So pretty.  Sometimes the prettiest things have to stay in my head.


No comments: