I reserve the right to go back ridiculously way back to document things. This time...it's Easter.
Strong Style.
First, it was FREEzing! Miserable. Then I notice that Lauren has been running around the entire time with only socks on...soaking wet feet. I just don't get it! I was wearing a coat, but I also wasn't running around working up a sweat!
Then, as per tradition, all the dads go outside (last year Ryan and Steven were on the roof so the bombardment came from above...the kids didn't know what hit them! :/ ) and wait to cover every child with a web of silly string as they run outside to begin their Easter egg hunt. From experience, I know that silly string tastes horrible!
Grandma S. --- mom --- is red-handed guilty for supplying all the men with multiple cans...as she enjoys her DC!! :)
I think Grumpa enjoyed it the most...he made Cole cry :(...and he was spraying the silly string cans until they were spitting little chunks. The funny thing about this next picture, is Brad is spraying silly string AND taking pictures at the same time. We're talking serious business here! I also think it's funny to see my giant son running around carrying a little easter basket.Where did time go? I remember his first Easter basket. We lived in Kansas and he got the movie Babe in his basket (I ate all the candy! of course). On VHS nontheless, before the computer mouse was even invented, I need to stop because I'm dating myself really bad...waaay back in the day!
Grandma thinks of everything at her Easter egg hunts. In fact, the kids run past the candy and look for all the toys. She starts shopping months in advance for all the toys and candy and we continue to eat the left over candy that didn't fit into the eggs for months after. Hmmmm, who's my momma?
It looks like it is alive!
I love the look on Katie Jane's face. You're so disgusting, Ryan...as you walk away, mission accomplished, so proud!! HA!
Emma...walking past all the eggs with candy...and grandpa trying to make another grand-child cry! :) My dad is so much more affectionate with his grand kids than he was with us. Yes, he hugs them and kisses them until they cry and teases them...then he gives them back to their moms, but he does it out of pure love! :) I love when he sends my kids a text to say he's proud of them or asks them how they're doing in school. He still...to this day, has never changed a diaper though.
My mom was a saint!!
My mom was a saint!!
Isn't Halle sweet? Ryan and Kristy are in trouuuubllllle!!!
None of the kids were picking up the fruit snacks...so Lezlee totally scored!
All 22 of the grandkids...I think, except for Jessica...and I couldn't find a single picture of her that I took either. Hmmm... I love all these kids. I've seen 3 of them born and I'd take any one of them as my own. They're growing up so fast, which makes me sad because I LOVE kissing little cheeks and I'm running out of little cheeks to kiss. Emery and Lillie are the only ones who won't protest! :(
Cole just gives me 5...he's such a smart little guy!
Dexter and Coop. Willie had to stay home because he doesn't think he's a dog and thus doesn't deserve to be on a leash. We should have had Brad and Holly's dog, Lizzie, there. She would have herded all the kids around the yard!!
I love getting together with my family. Chaos and all. I love that we're all relatively close to home and when there is a holiday or special occasion we can all see each other. We're trying to talk my parents into building a pool next to their house so the grand kids have something to do besides trash the house. Wishful thinking. My siblings...and siblings-in-law...are my best friends. I would have never imagined it would be that way, but I'm so glad it is.
Thanks mom and dad!
Thanks mom and dad!


















No comments:
Post a Comment