Saturday, May 28, 2011

It's time to tan the right side of my body

Softball is in full swing...ha, see what I did there?  Lauren got the chance to play catcher.  I can't think of a more stressful position!  But she did great!  It's not very easy to see what's going on with all that gear on, I'm sure!

Lauren did just tell me that her legs were very sore...I imagine they would be!


And Jay's team is done.  They played their last playoff game last night.  The parents in the bleachers joke that there are two freshman baseball teams.  The team that shows up to play, and the team that doesn't.  Kind of a bi-polar thing.

Wednesday night...it was the team that came to play.  They had an awesome game.  And of course...Will and I weren't there.  That's most likely why they had an awesome game.  Jay got 4 great hits and they won 13 - 4 or something like that.

Last night....it was the team that doesn't come to play that showed up.


Jay got a couple of hits, and even made it on base.  Not because his long legs took him there in three steps, but because the first baseman dropped the ball.  He was the second run of their 2 scored points.  


So Jay's moving onto football (sheesh...already?) and also raising a turkey during the summer (yes, a real turkey for the FFA, it will most likely be our Thanksgiving turkey...pigs, turkeys...it's in our blood now!) 

:/ 

and I'm going to chase Lauren and Emma around to all their games for most of the summer.

The one saving grace that I can think of about having to sit through hours of softball is...actually two saving graces.   1...taking pictures, and 2...playing games on my iphone.  What did I do with all my waiting/watching time before?  And lines at ***Mart don't bother me so much when I can check facebook and my email while I wait!

No comments: