Will knows I'm completely serious about moving south some day...when Jay buys our house...au revoir!!
Girls trip. I think we're getting older because bed time was a lot earlier this time and we never did break out the cards...or even watch a movie...it was just complete exhaustion, maybe age induced. (?) I guess I'm speaking for myself...
They closed the road for the biking leg of the St. George Ironman race right outside my parents' condo, so we got our lazy butts out of bed, except for Jill and Kristy, of course---they had already gone for a run---and walked to the corner to cheer the racers on! Kristy and Jill's friend was in the race so we waited and watched for her.
Beware...gross man in his underwear. Does that make me even grosser for taking a picture of the gross man?? I just couldn't believe anyone would do that (I might live in a bubble where everyone does the right thing) and just so right out in the open! I took another picture of him after we had crossed the street to get closer to the bikers...he was leaning up against his fence. ewww...I think I deleted that picture!
We had a blast cheering and clapping for the bikers as they rode by. Some were friendly and said thanks and smiled, and some were in such concentration that I feared for their sanity...they were just beginning!!
The most exciting part...was when we saw Ana (said like Ahhhhhna) ride by! She is an amazing woman...and if you live in Utah County and see billboard advertisements along I-15 for the Utah Valley marathon with a lady bent over...that's Ana! Her sisters had t-shirts made up that said 'ironwomana'...so clever!
The most exciting part...was when we saw Ana (said like Ahhhhhna) ride by! She is an amazing woman...and if you live in Utah County and see billboard advertisements along I-15 for the Utah Valley marathon with a lady bent over...that's Ana! Her sisters had t-shirts made up that said 'ironwomana'...so clever!
Before our gluttonous dinner, we decided to go to the finish line and see her finish. I have never felt more fat and lazy in my entire life! And I've felt fat and lazy many, many times.
Incredible! She finished in 11 hours 45 minutes. The time it took us to cheer on bikers, shower, hang out, shop, eat lunch, shop, get a few drinks, shop...
It was so emotional watching some of these racers come to the finish line. Some wives, some husbands. Some racers looked completely gone...they'd look at you like they were looking right past you...empty. Kind of spooky, but I'm sure they were holding on for dear life...or the finish line! We were at a spot where they either went straight to the finish line, or they turned and made another 13 mile loop. It made me feel like my little 5k's and 1/2 marathon were so insignificant...
All these ladies work together as nurses. Kristy, Jill, Ana and (help me with her name, Jill or Kristy) their friend...Ana was so accommodating and thanking everyone for coming and giving hugs. I would have eaten 4 pieces of pizza and would be laying on the massage table eating more pizza!
I love being with my sisters. Never fear, there will always be a diet coke run several times during the day! We hit all our favorite stores and found a few new ones too...I wish Beckie would have been able to come. We all had major family things that were going on, and that made it difficult to leave home. Will turned into the taxi-dad and neighborhood babysitter...he understands how crazy my life gets sometimes and always supports me.
It's always nice to come home though...it was Mother's day weekend and my family spoiled me...after I had already spoiled myself. Even though Mother's day isn't my favorite day...by far...it was a great day. I think my attitude had something to do with it!












No comments:
Post a Comment