Here are some past events...
The annual Live wElle 5k...the first time the entire family ran, er...walked! The kids did great and I was so proud of them. I think they realized how much they actually do sit around though.
I was having to take chill pills to not stress over my time. Like I needed to prove something to myself and everyone passing us (speed walkers...old(er) people) that I could go faster than I was going! I was really enjoying experiencing this race with mostly Emma (everyone else was way ahead)...she was my buddy.
We got to hold hands. I had to keep telling her that we can do hard things. She did awesome!
Memorial Day
And my awesome brother Alfalfa Ryan. He's proving a point with his hair...HA!...actually, he really is and I have no idea what it is, Ryan...it's his way of irritating my dad I think. ;) I just found out that he is refusing to get his hair cut until my dad loses 20 lbs. Get ready to look like, ummm...any guy with long hair!
We also had a family BBQ for Will's UTANG Unit. They had been on their two week training in Montana and this is the end of it...more pics on that later.
Maybe I just need a pillow on my chair...
And while Will was gone...my irritation with the yellow in my living room/dining room grew to huge proportions...so I painted it, San Fran Fog. These rooms went from yellow, which for the past few years has been great and went perfect with the tones in the wood floor, but wasn't cozy enough, to a pretty grey-blue.
A blue that at 2 o'clock in the morning looks REALLY blue. Hmmmm. But at normal times in the day looks exactly like I wanted it to. Minus the green tape, obviously.
Now the curtains don't match, so we're living in a fish bowl. I tried to capture the smoking pregnant girl across the street in this picture, but...sorry.
I know some would say to paint out all the trim, but I don't think I will ever do that. I like the character of this old house and painting all the woodwork white would ruin that feel, I think. Like I know what I'm talking about...I feel good about some things I've done in my house and then my kids say..."mom, we should get Sarah to come decorate our house."
I get it.
Another item of randomness...Emma talked me into letting her have a lemonade stand. A neighbor boy had a yummy cookie stand a few days earlier and his mom called me to ask if we'd come buy a cookie from him because business was slow, so I was sure that Emma would just be sitting outside for hours...asking too much money for a cup of lemonade...but she insisted and she did it all herself. The poster (which I had to keep my mouth shut about...I was thinking 25 cents was better, but I'm learning to let go...very slowly), lugging everything to the corner, making the lemonade, Lauren even made "cookie-cupcakes" to sell. Lauren's turning into a real baker lately!
I had to put my foot in my mouth when they told me how much they made...over $20!! Some people are so kind! When I came after work to get my over-priced cup of lemonade, I found that they had taken very breakable items from my kitchen to use...on this very flimsy cardboard table! All was well, and we decided that we were going to give the money to charity. I might have decided that.
Oh, and now I want to redo my couches...or get new ones altogether and refinish my dining room table. It's like the 7 year itch all of a sudden!







No comments:
Post a Comment