This is my great-grandparents marking...and all their children. Can you believe it? 16 of them! All born from a teeny tiny lady. My grandma is Jane Sophie...and boy she had great stories of growing up. She knew what it was like to have a bunch of sisters who wore her clothes and "stockings", as she would say, and how if felt to share a bed with 4 of them.
She never let us forget how lucky we were.
I walked around in the yard today cutting flowers that my grandma Jane planted that we still get to enjoy, to decorate her marker.
I sure do miss her.
I see her handwriting at work quite often, we still refer to her office as "grandma's office", Will and I came home from a trip recently, and as soon as I walked into our house I was overwhelmed with the exact smell of what I remember grandmas house smelling like. I think it's the smell of all the wood when it gets warm.
Brings back so many good memories and I feel so lucky to live in the house she made a home. As much as she hated the color green (which is on many of my walls...sorry grandma), she sure did love her green yard. My goal in life is to keep her pink roses alive!
Happy (what would be your 92nd) Birthday!
I love you so much and live my life with so many of your words of wisdom in my mind. Because of you, I will always try to act like a lady, never take my husband for granted, and always remember that "this too shall pass."
hugs and kisses
I love you so much and live my life with so many of your words of wisdom in my mind. Because of you, I will always try to act like a lady, never take my husband for granted, and always remember that "this too shall pass."
hugs and kisses









No comments:
Post a Comment