Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Will

I've already let the cat out of the bag that today Will turns forty.

FOUR--TEEE!
4-ohhhhh!

And I'm not going to be too teasy about it because I'm going to be in the same boat in a few months (quiet sobbing sounds) and I don't want him teasing me about my age either.

He told me this morning that this birthday is a hard one to face because he feels like half his life is over.      That's kind of a sad, scary thought and also a good one.  He's had (no thanks to me) so many great things happen to him in his life so far and he doesn't want to see it end.  That's how I see it!

More likely, he hasn't accomplished all that he has wanted to and can't stand to see time passing so fast. 

He told me the other day that I need to stop writing nice stuff about him because the person who reads this is most likely sickened with what I say about him and is tired of hearing how wonderful he is.

Oh well. :) 


I tried to find some of my favorite pictures of Will.  Most of them are either of him in uniform or holding a child or are so old that I haven't scanned them onto my computer yet.  And I found that most of my pictures in my library are in triplicate!??  Grrrr. And I'm a little impatient this morning...so these pictures caught my eye and bring happy thoughts to my mind as I remember where they were and what was happening and how much I love Will and how WONDERFUL I think he is.  


He also complained that I post pictures of him where he looks fat.  Whatever!  So to please him, here's a  picture of him looking like a starvation victim! :)


Some of Will's greatest cheerleaders and supporters!  Again, it makes me a little jealous at how much they love him.


I hope that Will feels like this at the end of today thinking about how much the kids and I love him ...after his work meetings...and driving several hours listening to kids fight...and no birthday cake...


Will knows how much I love him.  The word 'love' just can't hold or describe the way I feel for him.  We've had a great adventure so far and I wouldn't trade any of the tears or separation because those things have only made our relationship stronger and they have definitely made him a greater person.

I am seriously overwhelmed with emotion when I think about him today.  That doesn't necessarily show in the gift we're giving him.  He's getting a circular saw.  Nothing says you're the best like a tool!  

He's my hero, my sweetheart, my rock, my best friend, my biggest fan, my "whatever-makes-you-happy"doer, and my happy thought.

You get it.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILL!  

1 comment:

Jason and Britney said...

Awwwwww, sweet. Happy Birthday Will!