Monday, July 25, 2011

SHOTGUN!!

Julie and a shotgun?  Really?  Not something you would think I would do?  Well, let me tell you...

I kicked trash!  Second year in a row!! Take THAT!!!


The youth in our ward go on an activity every year where we go to a shooting range and shoot clay pigeons.  It's kind of like waterskiing to me.  I don't really like it, but I do it to get people off my back.  Last year I must have impressed everyone because as soon as we got there they were handing me a gun and saying, ooooo, watch out for Julie, and having all these high expectations.  Honestly, I don't know how I hit all those clay pigeons.  I swear my eyes were closed!  It must be luck.

I'm not good at waterskiing though.


It's become a family affair since everyone except Emma and me is involved in the youth program.  So we always go along for the fun...and the friendly competition :)



I'm sure Will would want me to mention, that he has a huge piece of a hotdog in his mouth...and then I come around with a cake and a camera and want him to smile for a picture.  My timing is all wrong.


This was the day before Will's big birthday and since we were going to be driving on his birthday, I made him a delicious german chocolate cake, his very favorite...which melted in the car and sludged to the side.  And then I only had 4 candles in my fridge.  One for each decade.  AND THEN, I forgot to bring anything to cut and serve it with...plastic forks, I think not.

So I drove the melted, slumpy cake all the way back home.


No comments: