What's the best way to spend an anniversary? Well, if it's your 18th anniversary, it should be spent out in the middle of nowhere on a super dusty road, past a land fill, with all the kids and a few dozen soldiers, bottled water, trail mix and suckers, waiting for the love of your life to jump out of a plane!
so in other words...perfect.
Of course there was a delay with the plane taking off...even in the army that happens...so all that extra waiting time meant that the kids were driving me crazy...kind of a normal thing that happens when we're in confined spaces.
Will was on the first group (stick) to jump out and he was the first one out of the plane, so that made it easy to take pictures of him...until I decided to change my camera lens so I could zoom in a little bit and when I started to take pictures again, I ended up following another soldier all the way to the ground. Missed Will completely. I blame the wind.
So, for sure, this little dot is Will. For sure. After this picture, I can't say that with certainty.
Our anniversary is usually around Father's Day and Will and I already bought what we wanted for each other, or we bought ourselves what we wanted in the name of Mother's Day/Father's Day/Anniversary/birthday. Maybe even Christmas.
I am so blessed to have the most loyal, responsible, honest, trustworthy, kind, honorable men in my life. My own dad is such a great example to me. He grew up without his own father and still managed to become a successful, wise and spiritual man. That says a lot for my Grandma Jane. I have the opportunity to work with my dad and I see how much he cares for his children/family. He worries about them (a lot) and thinks about them more than they know. He gives more than they know and he's never been the kind of father to show much emotion...except to his grandchildren...but there's no doubt in my mind that he would do and does anything for his children.
Will's dad is a great example of the hardest working man I know. Although Will ties for first with him for hardest working, but he taught Will how to work hard. His knowledge and intelligence of everything amazes me. Everything he (Will's parents) has is shared with anyone who needs it.
And my own man...he lives his life with more integrity than any other man I know and has been described as such. I already knew that. He is the balance and the steady to our parenting team. He lives his life to the fullest, at least to the fullest on the working side. The recreation side isn't so full.
Our kids are so lucky to have their dad. They know that. Will regrets being gone so much with work, but me, being the one that is with the kids more often, I know they understand and are so full of unconditional love for him that the gaps of him being away disappear when he is home. He is their favorite person. As jealous as that makes me...it's true.
Don't they look like little toy soldiers falling?
I'm proud he's mine. Now, how did I get so lucky?













No comments:
Post a Comment