Saturday, April 26, 2008

Pics from Will

This is a hat that Will bought in Kabul at a street bazaar. When he comes home, I will let him wear it wherever he wants - in the house! I guess they're very popular among men in Afghanistan!
These are some clothes begin sold at the bazaar. More colorful than I would expect! Beautiful though! I want the green one, Will! ;)
These are some of the men on Will's team. None of them are from the team he actually went over there with. The one on Will's right is Captain Bitz from South Dakota.
This is a German soldier training Will to use the guns the Germans use. The Germans also learned how to use the US soliders' guns. Will said he did pretty good! Of course!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Amazing pics. Those clothes are beautiful. Hey Julie, if you haven't seen it yet, you need to rent the documentary called "Kabul Beauty School" or something close to that. It is really great. It is about American women, some of whom are Afghani, who go to Kabul to open a beauty school to give the women a purpose and teach them how to make a living. Loved it.