Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I have Emma home sick with me today...I'll just say that Willie is not the only one "barking" today! I hate this sick-infested time of year, just the sick-infested part...not the Christmas part. It involves a pet peeve of mine, but I will remain silent.

Anyway...my heart rate is back to normal now...I asked Emma to get me my cell phone so I could call the school, whose number is on my contact list, to tell them that she will be absent. Emma asked me, "Why do they call it a cell phone?" and I said...taking the easy-way-out-option, "I don't know."

Emma's response clearly shows how complicated our language is..."Maybe it's because it's on sale?"

Cell...Sale...get it?

Knowing that she's still my baby, I don't correct her on many things. Afghanistan is Afghanistand, Amen is A Man, and many other complicated English language misuses.

Am I taking the easy-way-out-option again?

I don't care! They grow up too fast anyway.

1 comment:

nancy said...

I am with you on being sick. I hate it why why is it only at christmas that they get sick???