Let the games begin!
Will said, "I also introduced UNO! We played several rounds and then they told me the next morning that they played it long into the night after I left!"
Then these pictures were taken by a team-mate, Chuck. Will and Chuck and Nassir, an intrepreter, had a box of toys that were sent from Will's aunt Denise and Uncle Harold and their family. In that box were little finger puppets. Will said he had some of those little boys laughing so hard that they would tip over from their little squat positions.
I'm thankful for Will's sacrifices. His service has been such a great learning and growing experience for our family. The kids are showing signs of stress about missing their dad. How did families do this long ago? Even a few years ago? The last month or so will be fast, but difficult.
My heart aches for the other families missing their loved ones serving our country...around the world. In our comfort of life, we forget many, many who struggle. Many are like me who refuse to show any signs of that struggle. (I got a double-stubborness-gene...one from each parent, and an extra from my grandma Jane) But I still feel so blessed.
So blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment