Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Grandma Strong's Easter Egg non-hunt

When grandma Carolee does an Easter egg hunt, it's not really a hunt. Maybe it's not her fault. Maybe it's because there is SO MUCH stuff that it would take too long to hide, so it's just thrown out there on the back lawn. She let Ryan do the hiding one year...I think we keep finding remnants of that hunt, which was two years ago?



I can't complain. I didn't help do any of the hiding this year. Kristy, of course, is the one who gets things done. I think I was heating up my contribution to the dinner of hamburgers and hot dogs...canned baked beans. That's what happens when it's tax season and you work for a CPA who needs almost constant hand holding...and drink getting! (love you, dad!)



This is the group...minus Luke and Cole and Beckie's #5 and Kristy's #4! I'm afraid we have a few "hams" in our family!

Grandma usually has fun toys and stuff in her hunt. The past few years she has had those cans of silly string. Ryan and Steven usually pelt the kids with it as they come out the back door to start their hunt. What's left is used in an all-out silly string war. I got a mouthful this year. The bottom of the can. Kind of watery. Not very tasty. I'm still trying to get little chunks out of my $800 camera! Thanks a LOT, Ryan...just kidding!
Jay doesn't really go for the "hunt" anymore...but he enjoys playing with all the toys!

Miss Katie Jane...all grown up, and covered in silly string!


Emma and her "Easter basket" Hi! I'm a lazy mom and I have no idea where my kids' Easter baskets are right now. These free ones from Target work just fine! I think that either I know that Willie will chew the baskets to pieces, so why bother getting them out, or I'm still rebelling the fact that Will was gone during most of the holidays last year and I'm taking a break from all holiday decorating all together!
I think it's because Willie will chew the baskets to pieces!


Lauren thought ahead and grabbed one of her own bags. If she can, she will save EVERY ITEM she gets, minus the candy, of course, in that bag for months! If she can. I've learned that I need to go through my kids' rooms and de-garbage very often.
How old until they care that they are living in garbage in their bedrooms? Me and one of my best friends, "Dyson", can never rest!
Thanks Grandma Carolee!

3 comments:

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

(Sorry I had a typo in the last comment and had to delete to fix it... why isn't there just an edit option here?!)
Regarding your question:
"How old until they care that they are living in garbage in their bedrooms?"
In my experience until they are living in their own apartment and can't find their way to the bed anymore... THEN it gets better.
Sorry. ;)

A Few Tacos Shy... said...

I love the easter bags! I think the easter bunny will do that at our house (assuming the easter bunny even remembers to go to the store...)