It's taking me forever to post our Disneyland/Sea World pictures...I hate using Will's lap top, and I don't want to post EVERY picture either because who cares if they see each of my children on the carousel? So I'm stalling by adding this random post. Feel free to exit.
I'm learning more and more about myself as I get.....older. I've always known that I was a little OCD and sort of a control freak and somewhat superstitious, but I think I'm getting worse in my "older" age. Does anyone else have to put the pillows on the bed so that the bed looks like it's in a catalog (I would hope for Potterybarn...but that's waaay off...maybe the Walmart weekly flyer). Will has just completely given up on trying to make the bed for me because he knows that I will take it apart and fix it. No one else in my house dares fold towels either...or vacuum, because it must be done a certain way. My way. That's just a small example of the many quirks that my family has to live with.
So when I am stressed, I get more OCD'ish, which is happening more as I am getting older. And poor Will didn't expect what he was coming home from Afghanistan to...Controlie (that's Control and Julie mixed!)
I wonder what it says about me that I'm a penny pick-er up-er too. I ALWAYS pick up pennies. I wonder if Will gets embarrassed of me when I go out of my way to pick up that lonely penny in the road, or much scarier places. I don't remember the rule that if it's face up...good luck or whatever, but a penny is a penny! I've been collecting pennies for years and I bet I have almost $100 ( or maybe a lot less) worth of pennies, granted it took years, but once I find out where to cash them in so I don't have to roll them all...I'm going to...pay a bill with it, I'm sure.
But last Tuesday at the gym, I was walking out to my car and I saw two pennies laying on the ground, face down. I didn't pick them up! WHAT? So the whole way home I wondered why didn't I just reach down and pick them up and add them to my penny collection in my hot chocolate canister. Am I worried about luck? Do I just think that little things don't matter anymore?
Wow, that last sentence could get really deep!
But all ended well. The next morning at the gym (I always park in the same spot) on my way out (because it's dark when I get there) there lay one of the pennies. Face up this time.
I'm $.01 richer!
3 comments:
I totally understand the control freak part. How about the toilet paper... does it have to be facing the RIGHT way on the holder? That's assuming that anyone besides you even bothers to replace the empty roll to begin with! Ugh!
Yes, Debbie! The toilet paper MUST exit from the top! I even stack 3 extra rolls in a little holder right next to the toilet and they just use it from there instead of replacing it...annoying!
LOL... I'm an off the top TP gal myself. I mean why don't people know this??? Geesh!
Post a Comment