Will's back jumping out of helicopters and planes. The last time he jumped it was way too windy, but they jumped anyway and Will ended up breaking his shoulder and ankle. All the guys that I saw land that day, almost 2 years ago, made a HUGE "puff" of dirt when they hit because they hit so hard.

Will was really excited and nervous and ready to get this jump over with. I was really glad that I made it out to see him jump, too. Even thought I had to side step a lamb carcass as I got out of the truck! mmmm! I it was a weird thought as it passed through my head, but I wondered if there was something I could have done with the wool that laid next to the bones on the ground. Could I spin it and make yarn? I scared me because that's the kind of thought you have when you're living off the land...with no food, or clothes, or shelter.
Maybe I should learn how to do stuff like that...just in case!

Six at a time...out of the blackhawk

They just dangle out the doors on either side. Will was the furthest on the right hanging out this door. I was glad I got to go see him jump. Lately, he's more in his element and comfort zone when there are other soldiers around him. An effect of being an Afghanistan veteran, I think.
I don't quite fit into that category, but I can sure yell like a drill sargeant!
Will is the 4th one out. I didn't know which one he was so I tried to get all of them jumping and then ended up following the one that I thought was Will. I was wrong, but...oh well. He landed safe and sound and happy that he was AIRBORE again!
No comments:
Post a Comment