I had a first today. A whopper of a first!
Every Wednesday at the early-bird hour of 6:00 am is "pump-class" at the gym I go to.
Julie's dictionary...pump (verb) to take one's muscles to failure by using dumbbells, bands, balls, bars and weights, in many muscle-strengthening, sweat-dripping, arm and leg shaking, exhausting ways at the gym.
Don't try to compare that definition with anyone else's, please.
As I walk into the room, there are a couple of people, one in particular who confuses me greatly!
First glance...it's a girl
Second glance...no way...it's a MAN!!
Yea, a man with a bob hair style -- wearing a cute headband, -- a man wearing makeup and women's clothing. AAAAAhbviously a man!!
Debbie, who teaches the class and is AWESOME, told us on Friday that she had a...client...who comes to her to have his/her hair cut. She talked him into coming to her class today.
He, wait...she, wait...he is Rodney, or "STAR" as he likes to be called.
Snap. Snap. Snap.
He, wait...she, wait...he was really nice, with his obvious male --but very effeminate-- voice and mannerisms, and gave everyone high-5's after class.
So, yea. My first exercise class with a transvestite! Will thought it was totally disgusting and I agree, but I'm not here to judge. Kudos to him for coming to the (probably) most conservative, closest to BYU, caffeine-free, Happy-Valley bubble gym in Utah.
What does YOUR gym membership get YOU?
4 comments:
I totally saw him...I mean her...I mean whatever...when we were leaving today. I asked Todd what he/she is :-)
Hahahaha!!!! I really needed that laugh. . . how could you even concentrate?
Hello. I found this blog post while searching for information about a guy I knew in Utah named Rodney Starman. I have a feeling this is the same guy. Was he in his late 50s or early 60s? Did he have a kind of Southern California surfer accent?
I used to live in an apartment complex in Orem with a guy who shares that name and description. We became pretty close friends, but I never knew him to dress in womens' clothing or wear jewelry. I guess he did kind of have a high-pitched voice that could have been considered somewhat effeminate, but I never really thought of it that way.
Anyway, the reason I was trying to find information about him is that he recently had a birthday and when I tried to call him, I found the number to have been disconnected. I know he had some health issues, so I was kind of worried.
Yes, Jessssee...I think it's the same guy. He does now wear make-up and wear jewelry. He hasn't been coming to the gym anymore and yes, I think he's had some health problems. The teacher of the class cuts his hair and knows where he lives. I don't think he has a phone anymore and I know he doesn't own a computer. I can put you in touch with the teacher of the class and she can get you in touch with Rodney if you want. Nice guy...trying to do his best...
Post a Comment