I came to my whit's end last week. I'm wondering what a whit is right now, so maybe I should say...my sanity's end. My patience's end.
Summer time is awesome because of the non-structure, but horrible because of the non-structure. No blessing of school lunch for a couple more months. I have to come up with ANOTHER meal, and I wasn't doing very well with the one meal a day, anyway. Then there's the no-alone time thing. And I mean NOOOO alone time. Bathroom, bedroom, work, sleep. They always find me. They never give up though, and repeat multiple times what they want to ask me. Usually it's a question about food.
Some people might think that is odd...but these are MY children. Food is tops!
So, because I was behaving badly as a mother, I went on vacation. To Colorado. To have a crown put on my back tooth. Sounds relaxing, huh? Honestly, it was. Remember what I was running away from...(mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom repeated a quajillion times) My bro Brad, Dr. Strong, Dr. Brad, is an awesome dentist who lives in Montrose, CO with his beeeeeautiful wife and two want-to-eat-them-up boys, and when Dr. Brad's sisters eat too much candy and their teeth come out in Tootsie-Rolls...he comes to the rescue. I got to eat wonderful food, pretend to be Lezlee at the gym, hit all the fun retail stores in town - their Target really IS a Target (pronounced with a French flair), read magazines, sleep in, and relax in the dental chair. Not once did I hear...mom. I was ready to hear it by the time I got home, though. I love my little family!
It's not fun pulling a chunk of your tooth out of a Tootsie-Roll. It made my heart sink.
Slowly but surely, I'm getting all white teeth again. By getting crowns.
One Tootsie-Roll at a time.
1 comment:
Hang in there summer will end before you know it and you wonder what happened to it.....
Glad you got your tooth fixed.
Post a Comment