Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lucky #13

Again, the sun and warmth and the dire need of a tan was calling me when I okayed a little trip down south for Katie Jane's 13th birthday (special birthday post is coming, maybe, I think so, for sure!) with a couple of her friends.  I wasn't too thrilled about going down alone with Katie and her friends.  I was secretly (shhhhh!) hoping that Katie would decide she didn't want to take her friends and we would just go as a family.

But hey, I love my Katie Jane and this is what she wanted.

It was the most stressful, time consuming gift I have EVER given.  EVER.

But she's worth it!


Three 13 year old girls.  Teenagers.  TEENagers.  I told Katie that she could plan out the things that she wanted to do once we got to the condo.  I have no idea what kind of things 13 year olds like to do anymore.  Actually, I could give you a few things that I think 13 year old girls like to do, but most of them annoy me to no end.

Hang out.

Text. Ho.ly. cow.  They were texting each other while in the SAME room!  In between talking to each other, they would text each other!  I don't get it!

Fight.

Fight about boys.

Change the radio station 385 times a minute.

Act like rock-star-wanna-be's and sing loud and out loud to every song

Leave unbelievable disasters everywhere they go...like this...


This is just at the pool. (Can you imagine what the house looked like?  No, you can't.  You really can't!!) Right in the way of where everyone walks to get to the bathroom.  After about the 5th time of someone wet and drippy having to step over all their stuff, many children stepped right on it, I finally picked the stuff up and put it up on a table.  You have no idea how bad I want to use the word crap right now.  All their crap!

But I did it for this awesome 13 year old girl.  One thing this little trip helped me to realize is that I have a wonderful daughter.  She is beautiful and kind and thoughtful.  Yes, she still acts like a normal teenager, but she understands what is important and she is so fun to be around.



Katie Jane, Kira and Megan.  That's all I'm going to say about Kira and Megan.

Catch my drift?

I was so busy being a chauffeur, cook/buyer and maid that I never got my camera out until the last day.  I'm so proud of Katie and that she is caring and aware of people around her and how the things she does affect them.  I found that it's not a trait that all girls have.

I'm doing my best to raise a lady.  Not a loud, obnoxious, insincere, selfish girl.  A Lady...with a capital L!!

I had to record this little trip as honestly and as nicely as I could without getting so worked up that my shoulders are around my ears again.  The things we do for our children when we love them, huh?

I love you Katie Jane!

1 comment:

Christensen Kids said...

You are a brave woman! Looks like she had fun though. BTW what kind of camera do you have? I think your pictures are awesome (and I am sure alot is the photographer) but I am always on the look out for a new camera, mine is supper crappy.