Sunday, June 6, 2010

Signs of summer...finally

Our BBQ might be ugly and weather worn, but Will sure can work miracles with it!  We haven't had many opportunities to sit outside and enjoy the weather, most of the time Will runs out in the rain...or snow, seriously, snow??? at the end of May???...and cooks the meat, but this one particular day, we were treated to a relaxing warm evening where running in and out of the house from the rain and snow was non-existent!! 

I took pictures of all the flowers - I think I'm going to have to make a book of all the pictures of flowers and plants in our yard and call it...I won't even say what I was thinking...any good ideas??  Everything I think of is so cliche!

Leave it to Will to make the MOST delicious dinners! It's breakfast time right now...and my mouth is watering!

Snowballs...the plant variety!

The awards assemblies at school are another sign that summer is here!  Jay received three awards from some of his 8th grade teachers at the Jr. High.

Lauren got a "Special Recognition Award" from her teacher. 
And then there's Emma.  Emma came home from her last day of school with pink hair!  I don't do pink hair.  I was imagining that she would have a pink scalp at her part for a few weeks, but all the scrubbing I learned from my grandma Jane sure came in handy!  She loved it and thought it was fun...so I guess I'll do pink hair for the love of my children!

And my William Wallace...he can't wait to get his belly in the grass every day.  Doggie Heaven...or something like it!

1 comment:

The Olsons said...

Mmmmmm . . . those shiskabobs look good! We have been BBQing a lot too. I love to cook things on the grill, more than just Burgers and Hot Dogs. And we've done our fair share too this year in bad weather. But it's worth it!