I know I'm not the only one who feels overwhelmed. I get overwhelmed way too easily (and too often according to Will), which turns into stress, which turns into anxiety, which turns into a headache. A multiple day lasting headache.
Ugh!
Yesterday as I drove my 1024 miles to and from games and...everywhere my kids needed to go...and listened to the things they wanted to do and places to go and their concerns about their friends and their worries about failure (Katie's friends weren't talking to her, and Lauren and Emma had their first softball games, for which they were very, very nervous) I finally decided that I was empty.
I have no more encouragement and self esteem building skills to give.
I'm empty.
The plug has been pulled.
How do mothers constantly reassure their kids that everything is going to be alright and that they're wonderful and they don't need to worry about failing because all that's required is that they do their best and have fun when it's a constant battle of saying these things to your kids over and over again...and how do mothers believe the same thing for themselves. As if I have an over abundance of self esteem and positive attitude to spread around!
Just a thought.
I guess I haven't spent enough time on my knees praying for my children.
Who said being a mother was an easy job? Anybody?
I didn't think so!!
1 comment:
I think you must be doing something right because your kids are amazing!!!! You must have an awesome mom too!!
Post a Comment