Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Jay

Jay's new shoe size....14.  I think I might need to start researching specialized shoe websites.

Jay also may be seen behind the steering wheel.  Stressful you ask?  All I can say is that the calf muscle on my right leg is much bigger from pushing the imaginary brake while he drives.  He hasn't quite figured out that pulling into driveways and parking lots is something that is easier when done slowly...although he does have the slow driving urge when he pulls away from the curb!  Makes me want to install a gas pedal on the passenger side for times like that.

When I get into my car after he drives,  I can't touch the gas pedals.  He scoots the seat back so far so his knees don't hit the steering wheel.

He's very cautious, though, which makes me glad.  I just don't think I'm ready to let go yet.  Don't all my kids need me with them all the time to survive and be safe and happy?  Okay, maybe just survive and be safe??


More baseball.



Saaawing batter!


Good enough hit to get him on base!  Next time I need to count how many steps it takes him to get to first base.  Probably like,10.

And I tricked you thinking it was a beauty-ful day and everything with all the sunshine, right?

Nope.

I was wearing my winter coat...puffy down...and I had a blanket to wrap up in.


The wind had already plastered my hair into my lipgloss, and I got to my car just as the huge drops of rain started falling and the flashes of lightning were striking.

Jay's team also striking.  They lost this game 18 to a big goose egg (zero).  Not fun to watch.  

True to self, I did bring a snack to distract myself.  Unwrapping pez candy can be quite time consuming!

No comments: