Yesterday. Sitting in Sacrament meeting. Enjoying that my children were NOT fighting...at the moment, and noticing that Jay's church clothes smelled very similarto his stinky bedroom (heaven help me - I don't want to be the "stinky-kid's" mom!), but enjoying the meeting still.
In mormon "culture", there are a few songs that everyone knows the words to. Even 3-4 year olds, and maybe even younger than that. I Am A Child of God, and Families Can Be Together Forever. I made a friend in Kansas while Will was going to school there. She had remembered the words to - I Am a Child of God from almost 20 years earlier when she would go to an LDS church with her aunt. The words of that song are simple and yet teach us about why we are here on earth.
During Sacrament meeting yesterday, we sang Families Can Be Together Forever for the closing song. This song has brought tears to my eyes, and all the lovely looking crying faces, almost everytime I have sung it since Will joined the National Guard. I never really FELT the teachings of the song until my own family was separated and I realized what a blessing it is to have that eternal blessing. It's a comfort to me. It's a support to me.
I don't know how anyone could not want that comfort and blessing in their life. That's just me.
So, yesterday singing the words...I only want to be with my own fam-i-ly...I realized that that's all I want. Just having me and my kids and my so-good-to-me-it's-almost-not-fair husband with me forever.
And not to be mean, because everyone else should want to be with their own families too, but everyone else can take a hike.
That's just how I feel today. I'm sure the "take a hike" part will pass. Maybe soon. I just want to enjoy my life with my family right now, because frankly...I like my life right now. But I can't enjoy it because of all the turmoil around me.
Does anyone have a recommendation for making a very large, temporary BUBBLE?
This is just how I feel, that's all.
4 comments:
No, but when you find the bubble, please send one my way.
I'm not super great at the bubble thing, but I often just don't answer the phone. Especially when things are particularly rough for me, I screen calls BIG TIME! :-) Some people get offended by that but my own mental health is way more important to me.
I agree with Taco lady (do not know her name) Take the phone off the hook and lock your front door. (oh, and make it a -no friends over for the kids- week) If this does not do the trick come move in with us and we will shield you from anything bothering you. (smile)
This is a great week for you to keep to yourself. Just enjoy and soak up general conference!
You can move to Salem with us! It's pretty remote, or so it seems. But I know what you mean -- hang in there.
Post a Comment